Here I have shared how I usually Cook Red Kidney Beans though there are various ways. The recipe I have shared here is very simple, Easy to Cook and consume less ingredients.
There are many health benefits of Red Kidney Beans since they contains folic Acids, Protein, Calcium, Carbohydrates which is the most important for functioning our body.
1. Rajma-350gm-Soak Overnight and Wash properly.
2. Tomato-4 Medium Size
3. Ginger Garlic Paste-2tbsp
4. Onion-3 Medium Size
5. Cumin Seed-1/2 tsp 6.Oil-3tbsp
7. Salt to taste 8.Red Chili Powder-1tsp
9. Chili Powder-1tsb
10. Turmeric Powder-1 tsp
11. Cloves-4 pcs
12. Cinnamon-1 small piece
13. Black Cardamom-3pcs
14. Coriander Leaf
15. Pinch of Black Pepper Powder
1. Take a pressure cooker, add overnight soaked Rajma(Red Kidney Beans),3 cups water, 1 tsp salt, small piece of cinnamon,black cardamom, cloves, and cover and cook for 6 to 7 whistle.
2. After pressure cooking for 6-7 whistle, check if Rajma turns soft. if not, cook again for 1-2 whistle, if yes, keep aside.
3. Heat up the Pan and add oil.
4. Add chopped Onion, Stir fry for 2 minutes in Medium Flame, add ginger garlic paste after 2 minutes and stir fry for 1 minute, Add Chopped Tomato and stir fry for 2 minutes in Medium Flame. Turn off the flame and transfer it to a plate to cool it down.
5. After the mixture cools down, take a blending jar and blend it few second. Keep aside if the paste is ready.
6. Heat up the pan and add oil, cumin seed and add the paste after the seed turns little darker, add red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Stir well, Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes in Low Flame.
7. Remove the cover after 2 minutes, stir well and add boiled Rajma draining Water, Cumin and coriander Powder, Pinch of Black Pepper Powder, mix them well and cover and cook 4-5 minutes in Low Flame.
8. Remove Cover, add 3 cups of water, I usually add water left after boiling beans.Cook for 2 Minutes in High Flame.
9. Add Chopped Coriander Leaf after bubbles appear, stir and turn off the flame.
10. Yummy Rajma Curry is Ready to Serve. Enjoy! Happy Cooking..!!