Hoday I am sharing How I make Rasmalai/Dudhbari/Dudhmalai at home easily.
It is very popular and full of tastes sweet dish or desert made up of milk. Rasmalai is sweet dish often served in weddings and eaten on special occasions. Rasmalai is not only delicious, but nutritious too. You can get protein, carbohydrates, fibers, vitamins, fat and many more from it.
2. Lemon Juice/2 tbsp Vinegar
3. Chopped Almond-3tbsp
4. Pinch of Turmeric Powder
5. Pressed Cardamom-5pcs
6. Small Soft Cotton Cloth
1. Boil 1 ltr. milk in a deep Pan/Kadai.
2. Lower the flame after milk starts boiling and add lemon juice or vinegar slowly, stir few second.
3. Turn off the flame, Place soft cloth over the strainer and drain excess water.
4. Wash with cold water to avoid sour taste of lemon, Make packet of it, Squeeze and hang somewhere for 1 hour.
5. After 1 hour, transfer it(Chhena) to a plate and start mashing it adding 2tsp Sooji or Corn Flour. Mashing it perfectly is the most important to avoid Rasmalai being cracked. So mash it for at least 15-20 minutes.
6. Make balls after the Chhena becomes soft and smooth. I generally make 9 to 10 balls of 1ltr milk. You can increase number of balls minimizing it’s size.
7. Prepare Sugar Syrup: Place the Kadai/Pan over the flame and Add 1 cup sugar and 4 cup water.Stir and boil for 5 to 6 minutes in medium flame.
8. Pour the balls in sugar syrup. Cook few minutes, Balls should not touch the bottom of the pan and syrup should not be thick.
9. Turn off the flame and keep aside in room temperature after balls doubled in size.
10. Prepare Thickened Milk: Take a deep pan and boil 500 ml milk, lower the flame once the milk comes to boil, stir and continue boiling adding sugar, chopped almond, cardamom and pinch of turmeric powder. Boil until it becomes half in quantity.
11. Turn off the flame let it cool down slightly.
12. Check if the balls are cold, if yes Squeeze it and transfer it to thickened milk.
13. Keep in Refrigerator over night of 5-6 hours.
14. Serve and enjoy this yummy sweet dish, adding few chopped almonds if you like. It tastes really awesome.